Ancestry does not allow people to upload raw DNA data. The only way to access Ancestry’s information is to purchase a DNA test from them. After a person’s DNA has been tested, their DNA data file can be downloaded from Ancestry to use on other DNA sites such as GEDMatch and Sequencing.com.
Can you upload other DNA to ancestry?
This uninterpreted data is also called “raw data.” DNA Data can be downloaded in a . txt (text file) format. DNA Data from other websites cannot be uploaded to Ancestry®.
How do I upload my raw DNA to ancestry?
How to Upload Raw Ancestry DNA Data
- Go to Sequencing’s DNA Upload Center.
- Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’ and select the Ancestry DNA file that was recently downloaded to your computer.
- Click Upload.
Can I upload my DNA from 23andMe to ancestry?
For the first time ever, genetic testing company 23andMe is allowing individuals to upload raw DNA data in exchange for a free Ancestry Composition Report, cousin matching and some health reports.
How do you upload raw DNA from ancestry to GEDmatch?
3 – Upload DNA results to GEDmatch
- Login to GEDmatch.
- At the top right of the GEDmatch site, in the “File Uploads” section, select AncestryDNA.com.
- Enter the name of the testee and an alias if desired. …
- Click “choose file” and navigate to select the zip file of the downloaded DNA results.
- Click “Upload”
Where can I download raw DNA data?
How to Download Your Raw DNA Results from AncestryDNA
- Login to your Ancestry.com account.
- In the top menu under DNA, click on ‘Your DNA Results Summary’.
- Clicking on the gear on the right will take you to your settings. …
- On the right there is a box called ‘Actions’.
How do I upload raw data to GEDmatch?
How to get started on GEDmatch
- Download your raw data from your DNA testing company. …
- Head over to www.GEDmatch.com and click on “New User.”
- Fill out the required form.
- Check your email for confirmation.
- Add the code from your email to the GEDmatch site to complete registration.
How do I upload raw DNA to 23andMe?
Go to the Upload Center at Sequencing.com. Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’ and select the 23andMe file that was recently downloaded to your computer. You don’t have to modify the file in any way. Simply select the same exact file that was downloaded from 23andMe.