How do I delete a source on FamilySearch?
Steps (mobile app)
- Navigate to the person page.
- Tap Sources.
- Tap the source you want to detach.
- Tap Review Attachments. On Android, in the “compare and match” list, click the name of the person.
- Scroll to the bottom, and tap Detach.
- Enter the reason to detach the source.
- To confirm, click Detach.
What does detach mean in FamilySearch?
You can detach any sources that are attached to a person. You can detach a source, even if another contributor added it. Keep in mind: A source attached to multiple people must be detached from each person individually. Carefully review each person before you detach.
How do I correct information on FamilySearch?
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
- On the Family screen, tap the name of the person whose information you want to correct.
- Tap the information that you want to change, and tap Edit.
- Review the reason statement. …
- Edit the information. …
- Enter a reason statement to explain why the information is correct. …
- Tap Save.
What is a source box in FamilySearch?
FamilySearch now provides a new feature called My Source Box. This Source Box serves as a place to capture a record source and preserve it. Your source box contains the sources that you want to attach to your ancestors. It lets you reuse sources instead of retyping a source each time you need to use it.
How do I remove someone from FamilySearch tree?
While signed into FamilySearch, navigate to the Person page of the individual whose record you want to delete. If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click the Details tab. Scroll down to the Tools section in the right column. Click Delete Person.
How do I fix errors in FamilySearch?
Find the incorrectly indexed record. Display the indexed content (not the image). In the dark banner at the top, click Edit.
Make your correction:
- In the corresponding fields, enter the data as it shows on the image. …
- Select a reason for the change.
- (Optional) Enter a note to explain your change.
How do I delete a hint on ancestry?
Go to the profile of the person in question. Highlight the information under “facts” that you want to remove. Select “edit”. A box will come up with a delete icon.
How do I find my source box on FamilySearch?
To view your source box, click your name in the upper right corner, and from the drop-down menu, click Source Box.
How do I add a source to FamilySearch?
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- Navigate to the Person page of the individual for whom you have an outside source.
- Click the Sources tab.
- Click Add Source.
- Click Add New Source.
- Enter information about the source. Enter an event date. The date allows you to sort sources chronologically.
How do you add a source on Family Search?
- While signed in to FamilySearch, click Family Tree.
- Navigate to the person details page for your ancestor.
- Click the Sources tab.
- Click the Add Source button, and then click Attach from Source Box.
- To the right of the source, click Attach. …
- Explain your reason for attaching it.
- Click Attach.