Family sites at MyHeritage.com are automatically protected with privacy settings that prevent guests (non-members) from viewing sensitive information about living family members in family trees, such as first names and email addresses.
How do I make my family tree private in MyHeritage?
Can I privatize a single individual in my tree?
- Open your tree in Family Tree Builder software on your computer.
- Find the individual whom you would like to privatize. Click on ‘Edit’ to edit the person’s details.
- Go to the ‘More’ tab and make sure to check the option ‘This person is private’ (as in the picture below).
Does my heritage DNA show relatives?
With MyHeritage DNA, you can discover relatives who share DNA segments with you, inherited from the same common ancestor. You will also uncover the ethnic and geographic origins of your ancestors across 2,114 geographic regions and 42 top-level ethnicities — more than any other DNA test on the market.
Is MyHeritage confidential?
MyHeritage cares deeply about the privacy of its users and the privacy of their data and its top priority is to honor their trust. MyHeritage has never sold or licensed personal data (like customer names, email addresses, residence addresses and family trees) and will never do so in the future.
Are MyHeritage photos public?
If this setting is enabled, you will have a public profile page on MyHeritage which includes your name. It will include a photo if you have uploaded a public profile photo, and it will list your country if you have specified it in your profile. It lists the family sites in which you are a member.
How do I make MyHeritage photos private?
How do I make a photo album private?
- Log into your family site.
- Move your mouse cursor over your name in the right upper corner and select ‘My privacy’.
- Click ‘Content’ under your site name on the left. Under the ‘Photos’ section, uncheck the album you would like to privatize.
- Click ‘Save’ to save changes.
Does MyHeritage show living people?
MyHeritage Guests cannot add content to your tree. They can view all details of deceased persons in your public tree. They also can see some details of living people unless you take action.
How accurate is MyHeritage DNA ethnicity?
These tests are 90 percent accurate when finding first and second cousins, but lose accuracy as the relation grows more distant. MyHeritage’s database size does however mean fewer potential people to match with.
Is MyHeritage a good DNA test?
Bottom Line. If you are simply looking to build out your family tree and are on a tight budget, then MyHeritage DNA could be a good choice for you. You’ll get your results faster, too. However, if you also wish to have health-related genetic information, you might want to consider 23andMe.
Who can see my photos on MyHeritage?
MyHeritage.com is meant to be a collaborative family platform that encourages sharing and communication. … At MyHeritage.com, it is possible to privatize your photo albums so they can only be viewed by your invited family site members.
How do I remove my personal information from my heritage?
Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen and select ‘Account settings’.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click ‘Delete my account’.
- A pop-up will appear, informing you about the irreversibility of this action.