In order to delete an unwanted account, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com, with Subject: Request for Account Deletion. Please, be sure to include your name and the Username of the account to be removed. You may also call FamilySearch Support for help, (see: 113123).
How do I delete my family tree account?
Deleting a tree you created
- From any page on Ancestry, click the Trees tab and select a family tree.
- From your tree, click the tree name. in the top-left corner and select Tree Settings.
- In the bottom-right corner of the Tree Settings page, click the Delete your tree link. …
- Click Delete.
Is FamilySearch a safe site?
For trees with thousands of names, you could have mistakes and not know them. If you’re unwilling to admit to potential flaws in your research, don’t use FamilySearch. However, if you’re willing to admit to making mistakes, FamilySearch is a great platform.
How do I remove a source from FamilySearch?
In the Family Tree mobile app, you can detach a source.
- Navigate to the person page.
- Tap Sources.
- Tap the source you want to detach.
- Tap Review Attachments. …
- Scroll to the bottom, and tap Detach.
- Enter the reason to detach the source.
- To confirm, click Detach.
How do I delete a tree on FamilySearch?
FamilySearch does not provide an option to delete your family tree to start over. The FamilySearch Family Tree is a single collaborative tree intended to connect the entire human family. If you find errors in Family Tree, you can make corrections and attach sources to support your changes.
How do I edit on FamilySearch?
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
- On the Family screen, tap the name of the person whose information you want to correct.
- Tap the information that you want to change, and tap Edit.
- Review the reason statement. …
- Edit the information. …
- Enter a reason statement to explain why the information is correct. …
- Tap Save.